On Tuesday I am going to my GP to hopefully get a referral for a proper ASD* diagnosis.
This is a pretty big deal for me.
That I am probably ASD explains (but does NOT excuse) a bunch of my past behaviour, not least because the feelings and thought processes I was experiencing were massively at odds with what people were telling me they were (to reiterate: not an excuse, but something to allow my continuing to inprove as a person). I am already taking proper ownership of those mistakes and I hope that a diagnosis will help me better understand my thought processes and how the way I communicate is interpreted by others.
There will be more when I have more to tell.
- - - - -
*Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Posted via LiveJournal app for Android.
- Current Mood:nervous
- Current Music:BONGRIPPER - Reefer Sutherland
That one response to one guy in which I call him for being a dick and mention the word privilege is 'liberal bullying'. Who knew?!
Man, sometimes the internet can really go fuck itself.
- A whole pile of projects I feel really positive about doing!
- Weight loss and fitness gain!
- Song writing!
- Cognative Behavioural Therapy!
Life is good. Long may it continue this way.
So here are my aims for 2014...
- Spend at least 30 minutes every day doing something creative.
- Do more weights and thus lose more weight.
- Spend more quality time with Iszy.
- See more of Lizzie.
- Continue increasing personal awesomeness.
- Go to more gigs.
- Play at least one gig.
- Design my dream fuzz pedal.
- Made more effort to go to gigs, which only actually amounted to two gigs, but that was a 100% increase on 2012. I saw Astra supported by Purson, and Bongripper supported by Conan and War Wolf.
- Improved my bass playing loads and bought my first ever 'big name' bass gear.
- Finally met Lizzie and spent a lovely afternoon with her in Cardiff.
- Was gainfully employed for the whole year.
- Joined a union.
- Bought tickets to my first ever festival (which is happening in 2014, but buying the tickets was still quite a big deal).
- Got my first tattoo.
- Got a new record player and bought a shedload of vinyl.
- Lost weight.
- Got fitter.
I have not won this year, not even remotely. With all the coffee in the world I somehow doubt I can write 27,000 words in six hours and not go batshit insane and develop severe RSI.
But I'm feeling okay with this - PROGRESS - I'm not convincing myself I'm a massive failure, nor am I giving up. In fact I've actually had a really good idea that makes the plot of last year's NaNo make a whole lot more sense and that's proving a lot easier to write than the story I started with this year because I already have a reasonably solid setting and I give a damn about the characters. This makes me a NaNoWriMo Rebel as I am writing stuff I had started before the 1st November 2013.
What I have learned this year:
- I need to get better at setting aside quiet writing time in order that I actually keep writing.
- I don't like writing contemporary fantasy anywhere near as much as I like reading it.
- I find it a lot easier to engage and empathise with my characters if they are women.
- A lack of horror and/or action makes me get bored with stories I am writing.
Well, it's nearly that time of year again folks! That time of year where I bore you all with daily posts about how many words I've written (plus other assorted stats).
This time, however, I will also post excerpts from my writing and I am asking for volunteers to read my
drivelings wonderful prose post-NaNo so I can try to properly edit the thing afterwards.